Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A month of "Do I need this want?"

So in honor of Christmas and of the excesses it brings I am going to be inflicting trying an experiement on myself. I want to go 30 days without purchasing any thing unless I absolutley need it. I have a history of buying things on a whim and some times I use them, some times I dont. I am a student and my wife is on unemployment. I need to change my spending habits and this is a good place to start. A cleanse of sorts.

The second part of this will involve exposing myself to shopping opprotunities. I am not going to just sit in my house for a month and say 'look at me! I saved money!'. That isn't fair to myself to think so little of my self control nor to the people bothering to read this. Although my self control leaves much to be desired...

The third part of this is going to be me putting whatever the dollar amount I would have spent into savings. So for example I go into Target and see a sweater I love. Normally I would himm n haww about it until I purchased it, perhaps feeling guilty for purchasing yet another sweater. But for one month I am going to write down the price tag and put that money I didn't spend on a sweater into savings.

 It will start as of January 1st. Which means I need to get my coffee/resturant/clothes/makeup fix in now!! Right? Just kidding. Kind of. I will do my best to post every day about how its going.

xoxoxo-
Emma

2 comments: