Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 4, 2012

What Im grateful for days 2-4

Hello all!

So my gratitude for the last couple of days has runneth over if you will. On Thursdays I got to do two things I am grateful for. The first thing is I got to spend time with my lil monkies, my bff Beckas kiddos. They are so sweet and funny. Kids just see the world so differently then we do. They see it with more imagination any adult could hope to have! Listening to them play house is so funny. The younger one will be the baby and the older one the mom and it is soo funny to listen to her imitate Becka! Ha! Even when they are mad they are cute, must mean I love them I guess!

The other thing I got to do was go volunteer at the hospital. I push a 'comfort cart' that has books, magazines, crossword puzzles and toiletries around to all the patients and see if they need anything. My main goal is to talk to people, visit with them for a little while. So many people have no one.. I come around with a big ol smile and let people know that at least one person here truly cares about their wellbeing. It is my favorite thing about Wednesday/Thursdays. It puts me in a great mood all week long!

The thing I was oh so very greatful for yesterday was that my beautiful wife passed the rest of her police test! She knocked it out of the park and now she is one step closer to her dream. We went up to Lynwood together (and I went to Hobby Lobby, I was also grateful for that!) and I was able to watch her do her last event from my car. I know it may sound boring but there was nothing I would rather do then sit in my car with the windows rolled down on a gorgeous day and watch my Lovey achieve some thing she has worked so hard for. I am immesurably proud of her! This means that the calls will be coming in soon enough to get offers for police jobs. Cross your fingers for her!

A quote to think on about gratitude: Its not happy people who are thankful, Its thankful people who are happy.

What are you thankful for today?

xoxoxxo

Emma J

No comments:

Post a Comment