Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11 of 'Do I Need this Want?'

Soo lets see what has been going on in the wonderful world of Emma lately..

I started school back up on the 9th so if I dont blog as much that is why. I am taking two super intense classes, one fun class. My bio class I took 8 pages of notes. Literally! My math class has a book that is 4 inches thick!! Literally! I have a test every Tuesday for bio and a test about once a week for math. Not super excited about those.. My art class on the other hand I am wildly excited about! It is intro to watercolors and I cant wait to get started!! I will have so much fun in that class and my teacher is really nice.

So I expect to be a little stressed this quarter and I know there is some thing I do when I want to blow off some stress.. SHOP!! But I am not going to. I have to find other outlets for my stress. I will craft or paint or pin on pinterest. There is plenty to do when I need to unwind other then shop, I am sure..

I faced some challenges the last few days. I got my school check! I got all my books and supplies and I have money left over, money that I would normally go find a pair of shoes to spend on or some thing of that nature but I have been able to restrain myself pretty well. As a matter of fact it doesnt even feel that restraining. For example I went to Dick Blicks in Seattle (art supply store that has EVERYTHING). I bought what I needed for class and did not buy anything else. I saw some stuff there that was pretty awesome. They have these things called oil sticks?!? I guess they are a love child between oil paint and pastel sticks. I dont know what or how to use them but I want some. I did oggle the Pan Pastels as well, They have every color imaginable! I would love to have that many colors!
I also went to Target the other day. I am notoriously bad at getting in and out of Target. I can fit $70 worth of stuff into one bag, easily! It is a shame! Me and Terra went and got her some needed things and looked around the store. With a cart. Which as you may know can hold many wants, not just needs! We looked at new stuff, looked at cds, looked at holiday socks ( I have a weakness for them), they have a fabulous pair of shoes that I am still semi-day dreaming about but dont need... I have to admit that I didnt look through the clothes, I didnt want to tempt myself. That and it was all summery springy stuff. Not cold weather stuff like we currently need here!! Check out time came and wouldnt you know it we did great! We only bought the stuff we came there for and actually needed! What a concept!

Refering to my resolutions post I did go out and buy me a lil some thing some thing. I bought a personal blender. It is for making single serve smoothies and I absolutley love it! It was $15 at Walmart and in my mind it is a need. I have had such a good time with it! I have been making really healthy smoothies that simultaneously gross people out! I want it to be part of my new healthy lifestyle. Here are some pictures::

They are both spinach based. Chocked full of yummy stuff like carrots and celery and strawberrys and mango etc.. The one I made this morning looked so aweful by wife probably wouldnt have sat next to me! ha ha

What stores are your weakness? Do you intentionally avoid some stores because you know you will want to blow money there? I know I do!

xoxox-

Emma jean

3 comments:

  1. Emmalicious I am so proud of you and I wanted to tell you that my weakness is Walmart and i went there tonight and only got what i needed and i really wanted to buy sone cute Valentines day panties... but I refrained because of you. love your gutts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target, Walmart, Thrift Store, Farmer's Market, the mall in general, Online shopping, Ross... do I need to keep confessing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becka! I am so glad you resisted. Panties are a weakness of mine as well. Star! Do three hail marys and cut the purse strings and all will be forgiven!

    ReplyDelete