Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 4 of 'Do I Need this Want?'

I have had a easy time of my spending diet as of late, I have been sick and got a tooth pulled yesterday so I am been home bound. I DID have some temptation thought.. I went to Walmart to pick up a site to store order and didn't even wander around. Only because I felt like dying.

Also I bought a book for school on Amazon and I searched to 'see' if they had a book for my kindle. They do. I was justthiscloseto buying it. Seriously. Instead of the one click ordering I put it in my wishlist for a future date, or perhaps to find at the library.

Then there was the Martha Stewart Magazine calling out my name at Rite Aid as I filled my much needed pain meds. It was a wedding issue, with glistening rings on the cover wrapped in ribbon. If your brain can salivate mine did! So instead of purchasing it I sat right in the pharmacy and looked at the pictures to my hearts content. Valuable lesson learned. Vicodin is a need in my case. Martha Stewart magazine is a want. A want that was satisfied in store with out purchasing! 

My other New Years resolution is to quit smoking. So far so good. I haven't had a cigarette in 4 days. 

Here are the purchases that didn't happen;
Two Pack deal of smokes: $15ish 
Martha Stewart Magazine: $6ish
Kindle book that will wait: $9
Total Transferred into savings: $30

Cross your fingers that I get better soon!

xoxoxo
Emma Jean


2 comments:

  1. Awe get better you only have 11 days till my birthday dinner and I already miss ya face and tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to say that if you buy the kindle book later, then I don't really think that you saved that money. Let's discuss that. You just put it in your wish bucket to buy in February. All I know is you are going to need to put that money in savings back into your account come FEB cause your wish bucket is going to be heavy.

    ReplyDelete