Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Do I Need This Want? The last day

So today is the last day of DINTW. I have learned some important lessons along the way and want to share them with you. I learned that I dont have to go to the mall or Target or some thing to spend money on things I dont need when I am bored. I can get on Pinterest and get inpiration, or Yahoo to get news and gossip, all completely free!
Or read a book. Did you know that there are big buildings full of books that are free to check out, read, then return? I rediscovered my love of libraries lol. I have saved around $30 because I checked books out at the library and didn't buy them. What a concept!
I have heard that one way to see if you should buy some thing or not is to wait a couple of days and see if you still want it. That my friend is a true concept! I am about to share some thing with you that may shock you. I went to Charming Charlies in South Hill mall. It is a HUGE jewelry store, like a Clairs on steriods, all blissfully color coded. I want to live there. This place is the temple of temptation and every time I go I end up spending at least $50. I am happy to report that I went in there a couple days ago and walked out with *nothing*. I saw quite a few things I wanted, not gonna lie. Also they now have a CLEARANCE section!!! I almost lost it at that point. But I stayed strong and didnt succumb to the siren/succubus that is Charming Charlies. I consider myself 3/4 of the way fully rehabilitated.
While there were some stumblings along the way I think me and my love did ok. It was heard at first just because we are used to buying stuff we want and need. But after a while it got easier and easier to think things out clearly and see that you dont NEED everything you WANT. I am going to do my best to keep the lessons I have learned in mind while I go about my regular day to day life.

I already have next months project in mind so stay tuned!

xoxoxox

Emma Jean

No comments:

Post a Comment