Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day One of 'Do I Need this Want?'

So today is the first day of no spending.. I am home bound and not feeling super wonderful so it should be easy today!

My lovely wife Terra has joined on to this experiement too! It will be nice to have some moral support and it will also help us change our spending habits as a couple. Yesterday we went to Ikea and a couple other places and I am proud to report that I didnt buy any thing.. We stopped at JoAnnes for my mom to look at fabric and Terra came out with a couple of Scooby Doo things (Terra is a rabid obsessed avid collector of all things Scooby Doo). I reminded her that there will be no Scooby Doo purchases this month and she sighed and said that she knew that.

I have done a few things that will hopefully help me with this month. I unsubscribed from the emails of the following companies::

Victoria's Secret
Groupon
Living Social
Charllotte Rousse
Old Navy/ Gap
Amazon's groupons
Walgreens
Rite Aid
Cafe Press
Ulta (I discovered the Ulta location in south center.. I can't go any where near there!)
DSW
Eyes Lips Face
World Cost Plus Market
Rent the Runway
I need to unsubscribe from Michaels but I can't. My mom uses the coupons.

That is a lot of junk mail that I now dont have to go through and delete. I also deleted my Living Social and Groupon apps off my phone. I never realised how inundated I was with companies trying to buy me.

A question: Is buying materials for crafts/art work a need or a want?

xoxoxxo
Emma

2 comments:

  1. I say craft supplies are a want. And you are a Christensen and could probably find it in mom's house or figure out a way to make your own with an orange peel and paper clip. Good luck on your spending diet. I am excited for the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true sister. If I need it, it is probably here already.

    ReplyDelete